At its October 2014 meeting, WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors approved amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
These amendments will become effective on February 1, 2015.
- Changes regarding avalanche risk assessments and safety plans
- Updating the reference to the B.C. Fire Code
- Updating Repealed Acts in Part 5, Chemical Agents and Biological Agents
- New sections for roll-on/roll-off containers
- Updating references to CSA Standards in Part 13, Ladders, Scaffolds and Temporary Work Platforms
- Changes regarding safe positioning of ladders
- Requirements for inspection of a gang form
- Clarifying employer, owner, and abatement contractor responsibilities regarding safe containment or removal of hazardous materials
- Changes relating to bullboards in forestry operations
- Removal of obsolete provision in Part 28, Agriculture
- Ensuring that rope access equipment and use are addressed in the OHS Regulation