WorkSafeBC will be holding a public hearing on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be holding the public hearing virtually.
The virtual public hearing will be streamed live on March 3, 2021, in two sessions. The first will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the second from 3 to 5 p.m. Further information on how to view or participate in the virtual public will be provided closer to the hearing date. These details will be posted on our website and communicated by enews.
You can access the proposed amendments, along with explanatory notes, using the links below:
- Parts 1, 5, 22, and 23 — Flammable and combustible liquids
- Part 6 — Hazardous drugs
- Part 7 — Ionizing radiation — Dose limits for lens of the eye
- Part 20 — Concrete pump operators
- Part 26 — Arborists
- Part 26 — Forestry operations and similar activities (Logging truck load securement)
- Housekeeping amendments to parts 14, 24, 25, and 31
Public hearings provide stakeholders an opportunity to comment on proposed regulatory amendments. We welcome your feedback on these amendments either by written submission or by participation in the virtual public hearing. Written submissions will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 5, 2021.