The National Research Council of Canada has launched a Public Review to provide feedback on proposed changes to Codes Canada Publications, listed below:
- National Building Code of Canada 2015 (NBC)
- National Fire Code of Canada 2015 (NFC)
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 (NPC)
You can have your say from October 22, 2019 to December 23, 2019 before a final public review takes place in January 2020, which will see changes proposed to the National Energy Code for Buildings.
For more detailed information on the proposed technical changes and the steps required for submitting comments, please visit the NRC website.
Technical Safety BC will be hosting and sponsoring a number WinSETT Leadership Workshops, which are professional development sessions for early and mid-career female engineers, scientists, tradespeople and technologists in science and technology-based sectors.
- benefit from the strategies and tips from female leaders in the sector who are guest speakers and from each other
- learn from the research on gender factors affecting the workshop topic
- network with other women with a variety of experiences in SETT sectors
Workshops and dates:
|· Becoming Leaders:||30-JAN-20|
|· Effective Communication:||27-FEB-20|
|· Emotional Intelligence:||26-MAR-20|
|· Negotiating for Success:||23-APR-20|
|· Navigating Politics:||14-MAY-20|
|· Networking Mentors Sponsors:||11-JUNE-20|
More details will be forthcoming when available.