Karin Larsen | CBC News | Posted: Apr 29, 2020
B.C.’s state of emergency introduced last month in response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been extended until May 12.
“It’s going to take resolute action from all of us to make progress and not give up progress,” said Premier John Horgan in announcing the extension.
The provincial state of emergency was originally declared on March 18 and was last extended on April 15.
Horgan also said he will outline details next week about lifting restrictions related to the pandemic.
The premier said the reopening guidelines will be different than other provinces, mostly because B.C. didn’t fully lock down its economy, but allowed construction, agriculture and other industries to continue operating.