We are pleased to provide you with Technical Safety BC’s State of Safety report for 2018. The report documents TSBC’s work over the past year through stories and data on hazards, incidents, and safety management of technical systems in British Columbia.
Here are some important highlights of their work in 2018, as detailed in the report:
- 558 incidents reported to Technical Safety BC – up 17% over 2017, reflecting more awareness among the public and contractor community about our role and the importance of reporting.
- 51,292 physical assessments (inspections or audits) of equipment.
- 545 compliance & enforcement actions undertaken by Technical Safety BC to address unsafe work and/or individuals and companies working without the proper permits or certifications.
- 72 investigations into incidents completed to understand root causes and assist prevention efforts.
- A 24% increase in level four and five as-found hazards located in the electrical and gas technologies, attributed to advances in machine learning algorithms.
In TSBC’s commitment to transparency and public safety, this report will be sent to clients and industry stakeholders, and shared with the public.
Take a moment to read about the safety trends and data related to your industry, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact TSBC.