Source – BC Construction Safety Alliance
What are the new restrictions?
- The Provincial Health Officer has announced a time-limited order to place restrictions on social interactions and travel for the Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health Regions
- These restrictions are in effect from November 7, 2020 10:00 PM to November 23, 2020 at 12:00 pm.
- Do not socialize with people outside of your immediate household
- Group indoor physical activities are to be suspended
- Travel in and out of the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley should be for essential travel only
- Workplaces must conduct active daily in-person health screening, and must have an appropriate COVID Safety Plan
- For more information Click here
What does this mean for construction?
- Construction work can continue
- Travel for essential construction work can continue. If work that requires travel is not essential, consider delaying the work until after November 23rd. The travel restriction is a recommendation and not an order.
- The guidance for COVID safety at construction sites is not new, but the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) is asking all worksites to review their protocols to make sure they are effective. WorkSafeBC will be working with the PHO to enforce COVID protocols at worksites
- Make sure that you are conducting active daily in-person health screening. The BCCSA has developed a Health Screening Tool
- Make sure that you have an up-to-date COVID Safety Plan in place.
- Pay attention to break rooms, small office spaces, and other indoor spaces where people might gather to make sure that occupancy limits are in place and physical distancing is possible
- Use masks when physical distancing is not possible
- Consider having staff work from home where possible
What about the rest of the province?
- The social interaction and travel restrictions do not apply to the rest of the province. However, we all must continue to use COVID safety protocols to slow the spread of the virus
- Worksites across BC are required to have COVID Safety Plans and worksite health screening.