WorkSafe BC has advised that the proposed amendments to the respirable crystalline silica (RCS or Silica) exposure control requirements in the Occupational Health & Safety Regulation will not proceed to the 2014 public hearings.
WorkSafeBC has indicated that it will work with industry stakeholders to develop acceptable compliance tools and expects that the proposed RCS regulation will be introduced at the next scheduled public hearing.
WorkSafeBC will be holding public hearings to receive feedback on the 2014 proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The consultation phase for the 2014 proposed amendments occurred in late 2013 and early 2014. Some of the proposed amendments were revised based on feedback received from stakeholders.
The public hearings will give stakeholders another opportunity to comment on the proposed amendments to the following:
- Part 4 – General Conditions
- Part 5 – Chemical Agents and Biological Agents
- Part 12 – Tools, Machinery and Equipment
- Part 13 – Ladders, Scaffolds and Temporary Work Platforms
- Part 20 – Construction, Excavation and Demolition
- Part 24 – Diving, Fishing and Other Marine Operations
- Part 26 – Forestry Operations and Similar Activities
- Part 28 – Agriculture
- Part 34 – Rope Access (NEW)
Public hearings will be held as follows:
- Victoria on June 3
- Kelowna on June 5
- Cranbrook on June 5 (via video conference to Kelowna)
- Prince George on June 10
- Richmond on June 12
For more information click here.