There is $10,000 in prize money up for grabs, to be shared by students and their schools/youth organizations! Please see the message below from WorkSafeBC.
The contest is now open and we invite students to submit their entries any time between now and the April 4, 2024 deadline. Here are some important points about this year’s contest:
- The contest website, including full details, rules, and the contest entry form is at www.worksafebc.com/studentvideocontest
- A poster that you can print and post in your school or email to students/teachers can be accessed in the link below.
- The theme of this year’s contest, Staying focused at work, asks students to create a short video on how distractions on the job can result in accidents. It asks youth to think about what they need to stay focused at work and what their employers can do to help.
- Contest is open to students in grades 8-12
- There are four $2,500 cash prizes to be shared by the students and their teacher/organization sponsors
- Prizes are funded by contest sponsors Actsafe, London Drugs, Seaspan, and by WorkSafeBC
- There is an additional prize furnished by Actsafe: The Actsafe Aspiring Filmmaker Award, plus an opportunity for one winning video to be recognized by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety and compete in the national contest hosted by them as well.
- There are two categories for entries: grade 8-10 and grade 11-12
- Entries can be live action, documentary-style, animation, stop motion…whatever creative style your students can imagine!
- Entries are to be submitted by the teacher or youth organization sponsor
- Contest deadline is 5 pm, Thursday, April 4, 2024
If you need more information about the contest, contact email@example.com.